Community (Week 2)

A community a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.

A ritual is a set of actions, performed mainly for their symbolic value. It may be prescribed by the traditions  of a community, including a religious community.

A tradition  is a belief or behaviour passed down within a group or society with symbolic meaning or special significance with origins in the past.

• WRITE your own definition for these words
  • What community groups do you belong to?
  • Why is it important to be a part of these groups?

25 thoughts on “Community (Week 2)

1. A community is a group of people gathered as one and do special things together. A ritual is something you do everyday and it never changes, ever. A tradition is also something you do but only once a year or it may even be twice.

I used to belong to the Chinese school community. I also belong to the Our lady’s school community and tutoring centre.

Because all of these three community groups I belong to are learning community groups.

2. I think community means a group of people supporting each other.

A ritual is something you do personally and you do it most of the ti1me.

I think a tradition is something your parents still celebrate with your family.

i belong to a school community with 4H. it is important to be in this community because you can learn in many ways, you can learn from others, you can learn from your mistakes and most importantly you can make friends.

• Fantastic response Thomas! I agree with you, it is important to be part of a community, because we all learn from one another!

3. community is a group of people supporting each other.

ritual is something that you always do .example like brushing your teeth

a tradition is something passed on in your family.

4. i think a community is a group of people who make the world a better place.its important to be part of these groups because it can help save the world.

• Hi Mewal,
      You spoke about rituals, how about traditions? What are traditions? Do you have any in your family?

5. A community is a place where everyone gets to meet one another so then they get to know each other, community can also mean some company’s such as fire fighters, hospital and so many other things to imagine!

A ritual is like a routine or a kind of a thing you sometimes, often or every time you do it.

A tradition is a kind of celebration or maybe got passed from parent to child like ancient times!

I go to swimming lessons and dancing clubs and I do maths. These are one of my community clubs because
    1. Swimming or dance can be a fit and leading thing I can get into
    2. Maths lessons are making me improve with my learning!
    -Lina 4H

• Hi Lina,
      What a fantastic reply! You used lots of detail and you shared the communities you belong to. Do you have any rituals or traditions?

Mrs Ponzo

• one of my rituals are waking up and getting ready for school.
        One of my traditions are praying and celebrating many traditions such as new years day, the day of praying for the dead and more traditions! thanks for replying!

-Lina

6. A Community is a team or a group that helps each other to make everything better in our community.
    I belong in a tennis community, basketball community, and school community.
    it is important to be in these community’s because we learn new things from them and we learn education psychical things and more sincerely from, Jericho

7. A ritual is something that you mostly do at your everyday life as in what you do in the morning or what do you do at night time when you go to bed.

Tradition is a thing that you do with your family and your whole family from way back has done it and it goes on for decades and still do now

8. Hello Everyone,

I think a community is a group of people that help and support each other.

A ritual is something that you do regularly, in other words almost everyday!

A tradition is something that is been happening for a long time.

I belong to dancing, swimming and school communities.

Mary

• Hi Mary,
      It is lovely to see that you belong to so many communities that support one another. Do you have any rituals or traditions that you take part of with your dancing?
      Mrs Ponzo

9. A community is a group of people and a team. A tradition is something that pass on to generation to generation. A ritual is a action you do.

10. A community is a group of people. A tradition is something that keeps on going to generation to generation. A ritual is something you do