Making Inferences – Week 8

Please respond to what you believe is happening in this pictures. Please respond in paragraph form using 5 sentences.

week 8

34 thoughts on “Making Inferences – Week 8

1. Hello Bloggers,
    I’m going to tell you guys MY inference!

I infer that some people in the water are travelers that swam to shore.
    I also infer that the people that are riding on the horses are the people that are convicts that went to jail and they escaped!
    I infer that the people came to the land because they wanted to get away from the soldiers that were form jail.
    I also infer that the people that were traveling with those big white sheets are the food or supplies storage for them.
    My last infer!
    I infer that the the people are going to start a new land at the place they are at by looking at the picture, they are riding horses exploring the place by the look of the actions!

I hope you enjoy reading this!

-Lina 4H

• Hi Lina,
      You have made some great inferences!
      What clues does the image give you to say that they are convicts and they have escaped? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Mrs Ponzo

• Hi Lina!

That’s a great comment. I’m exited that I am finally able to access your blog. Great set-up!

-Your friend,
      Tallulah 4G

2. Hi Mrs Ponzo
    I think the people are going some where really far from where they live .I think they are going back home from where they are now .I think they are refugees going to a different country, because there country has a war .I think there are going on came for a holiday.
    Regards Maithili 🙂

• Hi Maithili,
      Great to see you are completing your blog post early! How do you know that there is a war in these people’s country? Were there any clues in the image?

See you tomorrow.
      Mrs Ponzo

3. Hi Mrs Ponzo and 4H

I think the people are getting settled in Australia

By looking at the picture i infer the people might be refugees who came from a ship but because the water was too shallow they had to get off the ship and use horse instead.

In the picture there are no sign of women and children so I infer that the long journey must be dangerous or harsh so that the women and children must stay back home and wait for the men to return home.

I wonder how these men felt when they had to leave their country and families? I think they feel really worried for their family.

I wonder if the men were scared to do this mission or were they pretty confident or are they explorers.

From Thomas S

• Hi Thomas,
      Wow some great inferences! I also wonder whether the men were scared to go on this journey. It must have been!

See you tomorrow.
      Mrs Ponzo

4. Hi Mrs Ponzo and 4h

I can infer that the people are traveling and looking for a new home. I can infer that these people are wealthy because it looks like it was in the olden days and they have horses and a cart. I can infer that this land has no body on it and these poeple might be making a new colony.

Regards Ethan B

5. Hi 4H,

I can infer that the person at the front is the captain. How I know this is normally captains or leaders go and lead things.

I infer that the setting in this picture would of been in the olden days when The first Fleet had arrived, Australia. The reason I thought of this is because in the olden days lots of years ago there were not many buildings and the picture does not have any buildings too!

I also can infer that these people might be British people who came on The First Fleet and they would of been free settlers roaming around the country. The reason I thought of this was they were not in a setting that was like a jail or somewhere they were not treated properly. Another reason I think they are free settlers is that they were not with any soldier or any guard.

I infer that these people can be from another country other than the U.K. because n those days there would of been many refuges because of the war and stuff happening around the world.

I think that they are explorers because they are travelling to places were there really aren’t many people around where they were.

From Thomas C

• Hi Thomas,
      You too have also made some really good inferences. Thank you for taking the time to look at this image carefully!

Mrs Ponzo

6. Hello Everyone,

I infer that the horses have travelled from the land at the back and are trying to get to the land that they are reaching now! I also infer that it is sunny because the people on the back of the horses are wearing hats. I infer that the people are travelling from on spot to another! I infer that the water up the front (where the horses are) is shallow because the water only goes above the horse’s feet! I infer that the red cart with the wheels is meant to be a carriage!

I hope you enjoyed my comment!

From Mary

• Hi Mary,

You have made some really good inferences! Thank you for looking so carefully!
      I hope you are feeling better. Hope to see you back at school.

Mrs Ponzo

7. Hello bloggers, this is Noah.

I think the travels are going in the water with their animals. I infer that they are going different ways. I infer they have all different animals like a elephant and horses. I infer that they all don’t live together they go the same way but they don’t live together they live maybe not far.

• Hi Noah,

What clues can you find in the image that they might have an elephant?

In this image can you see any Aborigines or Europeans? Remember when you infer you MUST be able to back up what you are saying with CLUES from the image!

Mrs Ponzo

8. Greetings everyone!
    1) The people on the horses are standing in the water and I see that the water only covers the horse’s legs so I think the water is shallow.

2) The front two people are walking in front so I think they are the leaders.

3) there are shadows of the people and horses so I think it’s a very sunny and hot day.

4) All the people are wearing hats so I think that it’s a sunny day.

5) The backround has no houses or biuldings so I think it’s a new land that they just found.

Thanks for reading and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my inferences!!!
    Kayla 😀

• Hi Kayla
      You have made some really good inferences. Thank you for taking the time and looking at this image carefully!

Mrs Ponzo

9. Hi Mrs Ponzo and 4H

I Infer that at the back of the mountain there’s aborigines getting ready to fight the Europeans because they don’t no why are they here in Australian .

I Infer that there supply is coming by boats then horse to drop of the supply’s.

I Infer that the convicts that went to jail and they escaped are on the horse to drop them off to Australian so they can have a better life.

Kind
    Regards
    Mewal 4H

• Hi Mewal,

In this image can you see any Aborigines or Europeans? Do you think that this picture was taken in Australia? If so what clues can you see? Remember when you infer you MUST be able to back up what you are saying with CLUES from the image!
      Perhaps you should take another look and repost!

Mrs Ponzo

10. Hi 4H and Mrs Ponzo

My first inference is the people and their horse are coming from some where else.
    My second inference is the people are coming from a different place and maybe seeing if they could stay here.
    My third inference is the people are carring their things in the back or sides on their horses or in a carriages.
    My forth inference is they must not have brige to walk across to get to wherever they wanted to be.
    My fifth inference is are they all part of a team.

Regards

Bianca 🙂

• Hi Bianca,

You have made some good inferences. Juts be careful with making inferences using clues from the image and retelling literal information – information that it in the image, what we can see!
      I hope you are feeling better and thank you for competing your homework while you are sick. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Mrs Ponzo

11. hi 4H bloggers and also Miss Ponzo,

I can inference that all of the people are evacuating from there homes.

I can inference that maybe there convicts in the carts which there arrest for maybe stealing a small piece of bread which they give to there family’s.

I can inference that they are travelling by horse maybe there going somewhere else far away from they homes.

I can inference that there just traveled across the mountains and now going across the plains and traveling to the distances by horses.

I can inference that there they just traveled across the waters and mountains and now there going to the plains.

kind regards Joseph

• Hi Joseph,

Welcome to our blog, I don’t think I have seen you here before!
      Thank you for all you inferences. The correct way of saying “I can inference” is “my inference is”.
      Hope that helps!

Mrs Ponzo

12. Hello 4H and miss Ponzo
    1 I infer that that the people are people from different country’s that are coming to a land that they cant see any people their.
    2 And the second thing i infer is that the person in the horse trailers is someone famous from a village.For an example it might be the king,queen,princess,or prince.
    3 I also infer that the people have travel from the mountains all the way to a place they will find a new land.
    4 I also infer that the water was deep way behind and when they came forward the water was low cuze you can see the horses feet.
    5 I also infer that it is a new land for them because they might be know one on the land maybe some dangers around.

thank you for reading hope you enjoy:)
    bye
    nyandeng gwuad

13. Hello Everyone,

Theses are my inferences:
    1. I infer that the people and horses are carrying heavy stuff because they have to use carts to carry them.
    2. I infer that they came from the house thing on the hill because that’s the only shelter I see.
    3. I infer that walked in the lake from the other side because they can’t of walked up the lake because it might of been to deep.
    4. I infer that they are moving houses or going on a holiday because there must be a lot of stuff on the carts because if you go a holiday or move house you bring lots of stuff with you.

I hope you enjoy you enjoy my inferences.

Regards,
    Mia

14. hey everyone,
    hope you have had a great day read this,these are my inferences.

I infer from this picture that the people are traveling, exploring and seeking a new home. I also infer that the men are riding the horses whilst the women and children are travelling in the wagons. I infer that the wagons would also hold their food and supplies. I infer that they have travelled from far away as the land seems big and there is nobody around.
    Another inference is that the river is very deep and that the people have crossed the river at a shallow place so that they would not be washed away. My last inference is that the people are wearing hats and the water looks warm and maybe it is hot in this land.
    FROM
    TAYLAH_S

15. hello 4h and mrs ponzo
    I infer that the leader is taking the horse out because the horse rider in the carrige is taking them out.
    I infer that their are more horses because their a more behing but their very farm away.
    infer that their near the country because their are mountain and there a lot of grass.
    I infer their looking for something because it look like where their going.
    i infer that the horses are very tired because their been walking in water.

16. Hi 4H and Mrs Ponzo,
    I can infer that the person in the front is leading the rest of the people and I got clues how his in the front and i can see the people looking at the lead. I can also infer that the very back and some of the people are carrying convicts because i thing it has a little big space were they put the convicts in. I infer that that there is not that much under water animals such as dolphins fish or sharks i inferred this because you can’t really see them and i also thought about the water so that gave me the clue. I also infer that they will find few big bushes ahead because i looked around the environment and i saw bushes so that gave me the clue that they will find bushes ahead. Lastly I infer that the water has more than one colour because when i saw the very last person in the back i saw a different colour in the water. Thank you for reading
    Regards, Jericho

17. Hi Mrs Ponzo and 4H,

I infer that the carriage has all there supplies and food to live and survive with each other.
    My second infer is that they are in the wild west travelling to a new town to settle in or living in the wild in the coldness.
    My third Infer that they have travelled a far distance as you can see the mountains behind them and they have crossed the river too.
    I infer that the horses that they rode on is very tired and weakened of all of the travelling that had to do with the people riding them.
    My last infer is that they escaped from somewhere and they got away and no longer visible.

Regards Kye

• Hi Kye,

Thank you for all you inferences. The correct way of saying “my infer” is “my inference”.
      Hope that helps!

Mrs Ponzo

18. Dear 4H and Mrs Ponzo,

I infer that they are going somewhere and they are using bouts.
    I also infer that they are coming on land.
    I also infer that the houses went throe the water with bar feet and the water must of bin very cold.
    I also infer that the people with the white shelter are the food and supplies that they need.
    I also infer that the people are coming to sleep for the night and wake up in the morning to get going for there big search.
    I also infer that they are all coming on land.

Regards

Joelle 🙂

19. Mrs Ponzo and 4H,
    I have really enjoyed reading the inferences you have all made.
    And – I am SUPER impressed with your commenting formats, style and writing skills.

What a long way you have all come in such a short time, as bloggers!

I am breaking a blog post rule here…by not answering the blog question about inferences. I hope you will forgive me just this once!

Happy blogging 4H
    🙂
    I am confident that some of you will want your own blogs soon…

Miss Carmel

• Hi Miss Carmel,

Thank you for stopping by and saying hi!
      The children in 4H are loving the blog and each week look forward to the next blog post. I’m sure that some children already want their own blog!
      See you soon

Mrs Ponzo

20. Hey Blogging Bloggers!
    I going to tell you my inferences for the picture.

I think the water is cold because it looks like the cowboys/Europeans are struggling.
    Something very special is happening because it looks like there is a lot of people.
    I think MAYBE some of them are escaped convicts because they look very dirty.
    This is in the olden days because there is no buildings and there is very good land.
    I infer that the carriages carry all their supplies.

Smiley Face,

Shaun $0